Sunday, May 12, 2013

Crunchy??



                                When we decided to cloth diaper our son ( due in September 2013), I started doing a lot of research on the topic. During my research, I came across the word "crunchy mama" as a word that a blogger used to describe herself. At first I did not pay attention to it, but as I kept coming across it, I figured I would Google it and see what it means. According to the Urban Dictionary, Crunchy, or specifically, a Crunchy Mama is a "Mother who supports home birth, breastfeeding, baby wearing cloth diapering, co-sleeping, gentle discipline, etc. One who questions established medical authority; tends to be vegetarian and/or prepare all-organic foods."  
                             While I may not match up to this definition completely, I did not realize there was a word for the person I have become. While there are some things I disagree on, e.g gentle discipline, co-sleeping, many of the other words describe me exactly. So I guess I am almost crunchy?? Or at least not quite crunchy. Either way, I am liking the term!
                           Even though we may  go about doing things a little unorthodox, above all we pray and strive to be Godly parents to our little son, because in the end, that's all that is important. So follow me as I blog about this new journey into parenthood,the decisions we made, the books we are reading and all we are doing to prepare! Hopefully, I would be able to keep this blog up even after baby arrives so you can share in our journey with us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment